Check out our selection of contact lenses that fit your needs
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Know what to expect
Blue Light Protection
A common problem for technology users
Pediatric Eye Exams
Children's eyes should be checked at certain stages of their development
We offer drop-in care
Seasonal Eye Issues
Dry Eye is particularly bad in the winter
Welcome to Precision Family Eye Care
We welcome new and existing patients to our comfortable optometry office. Our kind and trusted staff strive to provide personalized vision and medical eye care services to satisfy your family’s needs. As a convenience, our optical has a finishing lab that can provide SAME DAY service on most single vision plastic and polycarbonate lenses.
Depending upon your age, lifestyle and overall health, vision care requirements can change over time. In our friendly clinic, we become familiar with each individual patient in order to customize eye exams and treatment options.
**NEW COVID-19 Protocols
In order to protect the health of our patients, staff and as a safety precaution to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we have implemented new office guidelines in accordance to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Louisiana Department of Health and the American Optometric Association.
1) We will screen for fever and respiratory symptoms in our staff, patients and visitors.
2) Patients and visitors must wear a mask or face covering upon entering our office. The staff will wear a mask during all patient interactions as well.
3) We have spaced out our appointments to allow for social distancing compliance, but do ask patients to maintain a 6 foot distance from other patients while in the office. Because we have increased our cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout the office, we will need more time in between appointments to prepare for the next patient. Upon arrival, please wait in your car and call us to confirm that we are ready to see you. This will ensure an efficient and safer visit.
4) Only one visitor may accompany a patient during their visit in the case of a minor or a patient requiring assistance from another adult or caregiver.
5) Anyone not feeling well, with a fever, and/or respiratory symptoms, will be sent home and rescheduled at a later date.
6) Anyone with family members living at home with them that currently have flu-like symptoms will be asked to reschedule at a later date.
7) Patients who are currently being treated for or diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been in contact with a person that is currently being treated or evaluated for COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule at a later date as well.
8) For NEW patients, please fill out the registration/history page and submit your information through our website, it will save you time and reduce the need for touching pens, clipboards, etc.
We understand that these are anxious times, and want to prioritize the safety of everyone that we have the opportunity to serve. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Expert Knowledge: Blue Light
We carry the latest designer eyewear collections in a variety of styles, colors and materials just to suit your style.
A large part of the examination is finding out what the patient is experiencing and determining the type of dry eye causing the symptoms. We examine the surface of the eye under a microscope to look at the quantity and the quality of the tear film. Additionally, we examine the eyelids and the glands inside the eyelids to insure they are healthy.
There are a wide range of treatments ranging from over the counter products to specialty laser procedures. Many times using artificial tears and vitamin supplements can help boost the tear film. There are prescription eye drops that can aid in tear production as well as laser procedures for patients with more advanced dry eye.
Of course – stay hydrated and making sure you consume enough water each day. Additionally, take breaks from your computer and smart phone. I recommend the 20/20/20 Rule – take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look 20 feet away and blink your eyes. Finally, wearing sunglasses is critical to protecting the surface of the eye and the eyelids from UV exposure.
Please call our office at: 504-881-1242 for further instructions. We take most medical insurance plans. Use your best judgment on urgency; if you feel you need to, find the nearest emergency room. Visit our eye emergencies page for more information.
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed